Thursday, January 31, 2013

Goodbye, My Friend

Fare thee well, nerds


Guys, it's weird. I know it's ridiculous to get emotional about a television show--a comedy, no less--coming to its natural end. But "30 Rock" has had such a huge impact on my life and I just simply can't help but feel a little teary whenever I realize that tonight is the last time I'll ever see a new Liz Lemon adventure. (I know, I know. This is one of the many reasons why I'm single). There are far too many reasons to list here, but these are just a few reasons why I'll miss you, "30 Rock."

Tina Fey: Spirit Animal



I know Fey isn't going anywhere. I know that she's hard at work filming new movies, winning awards, and yes, even trying to make Mean Girls: The Musical happen (praise the lord). But, one or three movies a year just can't compete with a new, genius episode each week.


Donaghy + Lemon 4Eva



And so began one of the greatest television friendships of all time. Intermittently, they've been bros and nemeses, they've gotten business drunk together and shared invaluable fashion tips with one another. Their relationship is hard to describe (they are technically exes), but they've seen each other through so much (and learned quite a bit from each other) and no one's heart swelled more than my stone cold one at this moment.


Kenneth, Actually Forever



Kenneth Ellen Parcel is a genius character. He's a chinless, apple-faced goon/hayseed--whose body "is just a flesh vessel for an immortal being whose name, if you heard it, would make you lose your mind." It's a hilarious bit of continuity, and if you look close enough (as I have...) you'll see recurring hints as to his immortality throughout all seven seasons.


Hey, Dummy



Dennis Duffy is one of the greatest terrible characters to ever exist. If you do not agree with that statement, you are just wrong.


Jury Duty, Defeated


And thus, a way to beat the system was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment