Saturday, May 21, 2011

Oh dear...

I...I don't know what to say. I'm ashamed, really. How, how...

How didn't I do this before now? I beg your forgiveness, faithful reader(s?).

The. Royal. Wedding.

Oh yeah, remember that? The huge, multi-million dollar, source of obsession and craziness and romance and history and British things? Yeah, that. Well, the truth of the matter is this: I got too consumed in the buildup of the whole thing - the speculation over what her dress would look like, would she be 'Princess Catherine', would they makeout in Westminster Abbey, would the Queen drop a bitch for not wearing a hat - you know, the big stuff. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't up at 4am, impatiently waiting for every tiny little moment, but I definitely saw her walk down the aisle, and the kiss(es), and when Harry smiled rakishly and whispered to his big brother how beautiful Kate looked. I saw that stuff. And, of course, I made a blue velvet cake with their initials and made fascinators and drank champagne and partied in an apartment decked out with photos of the wedding and from the Tumblr blog (and new favorite) Kate Middleton For The Win. And I loved every second of it. But then, after the weeks of excitement and ecstatic joy, I do believe I passed out. Like a light.

Well, I suppose it's taken me this long to get to it because, the pain of it being over had simply been too fresh until recently. But, I think with the threat of Armageddon, it would be best to revisit a very happy time. A very happy time, indeed.



The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, bitches.

Oh, Pippa. Oh, Sarah. There's no need to fuss. Let the cartoon birds fix it!


I love this particular shot. The dress, the veil lightly ruffling in the wind, and, of course - the look on her face that seems to understand both the weight of this moment and the lightness of love.


Some people seemed disappointed by the smallness of the bouquet. Not me. I love the lily of the valleys, the simplicity, and the eco-friendliness/national prideyness.


William is saying to Mr. Middleton: "I thought this was supposed to be a small family wedding."


Who, me? Yes, I know I'm fabulous.


Perfection.


I love how similar these dresses were. Grace IS the definition of class and elegance, and to borrow from her, the original humble(ish)-origins Princess, is to truly borrow from the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment