Friday, April 22, 2011

Historical Hotcakes

In case you haven't noticed by now, I'm a bit of a nerd. A dork. A dweeb. Occasionally, I'm all three at once. And, as one of the nerderati, I think it's fair to say that I've spent my fair share of time with the proverbial dusty book or in the quite literal dusty museum. Basically, there's been a lot of dust. And in this time of dust and learning, I've happened upon some good lookin' dudes from the days of yore. Obviously, styles have changed - powdered wigs, mutton chops, whatever these were - are no longer considered 'sexy', but there will always be those few black and white photos, sculpted statues, or distinguished oil paintings that make the mind wander. To dirty, historical places.

So, without further ado...

Ladies and Gentlemen:



Nathan Hale:

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
Well, I only regret that I was not around circa 1776. All aboard the dreamboat.


Robert Lowell:

[source]

If only every Lowell looked this good.


Johannes Brahms:
[source]

One of the Three B's. Bangin', BlueEyesThatPierceMySoul, Beardless.



Nathaniel Hawthorne:


[source]

My very first historical crush. For him I'd wear a scarlet alphabet.

Ted Hughes:


Almost definitely the worst husband on this list, but almost definitely the best British poet laureate/British poet hunkasaurus.



Well, that's all for now! Please let me know if there's any one else you thinks deserves to be on this list (I know there are more!)

2 comments:

  1. Arthur Rimbaud, only the sexiest poet ever to live...

    ReplyDelete